“Ability is limitless. Do more. Be More.” – ASP TEAM
Active Souls Project was assembled with the best health and fitness support team in the region for the sole purpose of providing a viable, dependable and passionate wellness support system to everyABILITY in the community. The heart and soul of Active Souls Project is YOU. Your goals are our goals, your mission is our mission, our dreams are built on yours.
Active Souls Project specializes in creating fitness and personalized plan of care programs for youth and adults of all ages with a variety of needs such as (but not limited to):
- Sensory processing disorders
- Post surgery/injury rehabilitation
- Gross motor delays
- Visual Impairment
- Autism spectrum disorders (ASD)
- Pervasive developmental disorders (PDD)
- Down syndrome
- Smith Magenis Syndrome
- Asperger syndrome
- Developmental and physical disabilities
- Confidence and self-esteem issues
- Emotional disturbances and anxiety disorders
- Addiction (food, drug, alcohol)
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Behavioural challenges
- Obesity/Weight Management
- High Blood Pressure
- Spina Bifida
- Alzheimers/Memory Loss
- Older Adult/Senior Living (50+)
- Senior Residences and Nursing Homes
- Cancer patients and survivors
ALL Active Souls Project programs are designed to help persons with a broad range of exceptional needs enhance their self-esteem, self confidence and independence to reach their greatest potential.
Our fitness programs include cardio exercises to develop and maintain a healthy and strong heart and increase lung capacity; weight training to strengthen the muscles; stretching exercises to maintain flexibility; all to achieve and maintain a stronger, healthier, happier YOU!
Most importantly, we are devoted to improving and maintaining ‘functional fitness’ that supports individuals with daily living skills, promoting positive social interaction and helping build critical skills needed to succeed in everyday life.
Why Exercise is CRUCIAL to everyone of EVERY ABILITY:
- Allows for release of positive and or negative energy resulting in productive output
- Improves emotional and physical health
- Improves motor skills
- Enhances cognitive skills
- Builds self-esteem
- Improves social interaction and skills
- Improves focus and function of daily living skills
- Weight management
- Reduction of anxiety and depression
- Healthier Bone density
- Reduces risks for diseases (ie: diabetes)
- Reduces risks for some types of cancers
- Improves reaction skills
- Enhances eye-hand coordination
- Improves heart health
- Increases strength and stamina
- Improves sleep
Funding, Costs and Services:
Our services qualify for Special Services at Home and Passport Funding. We offer the service of direct-billing to your Funds Manager at no additional cost, in an effort to eliminate extra work for you!
In addition, our services also qualify for the Fitness Tax Credit, under the Disability Tax Credit and covered by many Employee Benefit Plans through their Employer.