What is Fitness in the Workplace?
An on-site fitness challenge designed to build the hype needed for a successful wellness program! It combines fitness, nutrition advice/support, friendly competition & camaraderie. On-site fitness classes, check-ins and team challenges keep participants motivated throughout the program-guaranteeing participants to see RESULTS! Active Souls Project is constantly adding new aspects to our programs to keep it fun, fresh and effective.
Why is Fitness in the Workplace important?
As business owners or managers, it is important to remember that our most important assets are our employees! We want our employees to enjoy their work environment, and to bring the best of themselves to their jobs every day. Encouraging our employees to embrace fitness as a lifestyle choice pays off in numerous ways!
- Fit employees are less likely to get sick. A person who is physically fit is generally more resistant to the "bug going around" than a person who is not fit. Reduced absenteeism and reduced health care expenditures are the result of a fit employee base.
- Physically active employees have more energy. One of the many benefits of regular exercise is increased and sustained energy throughout the day. This energy allows the employee to stay focused on the task at handing, bringing the best of themselves to each task.
- Fit employees have more self-confidence. A fit and healthy individual tends to have a high level of self-confidence, because they have proven to themselves that they can accomplish what it takes to obtain a level of physical fitness. This self-confidence empowers the employee to challenge themselves, and strive for higher levels of achievement in the workplace.
- Fit employees inspire confidence. A person who maintains a high fitness level, tends to be a person in whom others have confidence.
- Active employees tend to take on more leadership roles. Because of the many positive benefits of a lifestyle, a fit individual tends to make a good leader.
- Physically active employees set and achieve goals. Extraordinary fitness often demands that an individual set and reach goals related to their fitness. Learning to stay true to your goals and see them through to completion is a skill that is naturally brought into the workplace. An employee with the proven ability to set aggressive goals, and then REALIZE those goals, is a valuable asset to any organization.
- Fit employees tend to have better attitudes. Exercise releases positive endorphins in the brain promoting ‘feel good’ thoughts. Fit people tend to have a physical and mental "balance" that results in a more positive attitude in the workplace.
- Physically active employees are less stressed. Regular exercise releases the physical AND emotional tensions that life brings our way, thus a fit employee tends to have lower overall stress levels than an employee who does not engage in regular exercise.
- A fit employee base presents excellent team-building opportunities. Team activities like softball or tennis are wonderful ways for employees to take their professional relationships to new levels, and discover new ways of working together. Obviously, employees that maintain a level of fitness are more likely to participate in these activities.
- Encouraging fitness demonstrates a concern for employee's well-being, and pays off! Employees NOTICE when an employer shows concern for the health and well-being of their employee base through a variety of wellness programs. Further, it has been shown that employee turnover is significantly lower among employees that take advantage of a wellness program implemented by their employer.
Corporate Programs and Services:
Big or small business, Active Souls Project customizes individual programs for each company. Programs are built on the needs and wants of the company and their employees.
Whether you are interested in hosting a fitness bootcamp, yoga, ongoing weekly group fitness class, training for a specific company event or have a gym inside your facility; we can provide the program and staff to support, motivate and educate your employees.
We have a gym at work, how can you support it?
Active Souls Project has many ways to support an on-site gym in the workplace such as:
- On-site personal or partner training for employees
- Provide classes designed around your gym and instructed by a Certified Trainer
- House a certified personal trainer in your gym on days/times agreed upon to provide assistance/support/customer service to employees entering the facility
We have employees with injuries and medical issues, how can you help them?
Not a problem! Anybody participating in any program with Active Souls Project MUST completed a registration package which includes confidential questionnaire about health and medical issues/concerns. Once we review this with the client, ALL programs are built to include everyone and ensure their safety. Modifications are always made to allow everyone to participate.
Click here for example list of needs.
WE GIVE BACK!
Why Active Souls Project is the right company for your employees...
Active Souls Project supports a variety of needs, abilities and backgrounds. We have assembled the BEST professionals in the industry to service our community, especially those with exceptional needs.
Every partnership made with a business for health and service support/programs, Active Souls Project takes a generous portion of the revenue and pays it forward to a special needs person in the community to receive the health and fitness support they require and deserve. By doing so, their cost for services is drastically reduced, if not completely supplemented.
Employee Benefit Plans/Program Costs:
Program costs vary depending on the needs/wants of the company and employees. However, our costs are kept minimal and very affordable.
Depending on how the company wants to set up the program, employees can pay to participate directly to Active Souls Project or the company can pay Active Souls Project. Comprehensive invoice(s) will be provided.